Sunday, September 27, 2009

Warning - mouse eats knitted dishcloth.

A few weeks ago, we stayed at my parents cabin for the weekend. As a thank you, I made my mom a towel and coordinating dishcloth. It took some convincing to get her to actually use them because she was afraid she'd mess them up. I swore they were durable and meant to be used.

Little did I know that the local mouse population had other ideas. Apparently a little guy chewed a hole through the dishcloth!

Luckily I'm heading home this Friday, so we'll see if we can do a little patch to salvage it.

Silly mice eating my knitting. This is a hazard I had not yet encountered!



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yikes! I had no idea that was a possibility! I hope that the mending isn't too difficult!

Unknown said...

The repair was accomplished this weekend. I was so impressed. I'm sure Knitscapade will post the pre and post pics! It's in the wash now...and I will use it at home from now on!