Monday, December 27, 2010
iPhone Cozy Knitting Pattern
I stood in line to get my iPhone 4 on the first day they were released (because I'd dropped and broken my old first-gen model). I was terrified that I'd break the new one--in all its glass-fronted and glass-backed glory--so I whipped up this cute and very protective case. I'm proud, er embarrassed, to say that it's survived at least one fall onto concrete.
iPhone Cozy (knitting pattern)
Approx 100-200 yards of Cascade 220
Size 9 double-pointed needles
Size 8 double-pointed needles
Gauge: 16 stitches and 24 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
Note: the yarn is worked double stranded, so you may prefer to have two skeins of the yarn. The pattern doesn't use a lot of yardage, so this is also a great way to use up scrap yarn.
- Cast on 20 stitches with your larger needles.
- Place marker and join to knit in the round.
- Knit 8 rounds.
- OPTIONAL thumb hole to be able to answer your phone while it remains in the case. If you don't want the thumb hole, skip to ** below.
- K3, Cast off 4, K13 (you've now completed the round)
- K3, cable cast on 4, K13 (you've now completed the second round and closed the hole.
** Continue knitting another 20 rounds (30 total)
- On the next round, switch to the smaller needles and begin knitting in K1, P1 rib.
- Knit 10 rows of rib.
- Bind off in pattern.
- Stitch the bottom closed and weave in ends.
The cozy is reversible.
- VARIATIONS
This cozy will fit all iPhone models. It is pretty snug, so it will conform to the shape of your device. To adapt for the iPod Touch, knit four fewer rows before starting the ribbed collar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this! I'm planning on getting the iPhone 4s, and this is perfect! (you should see the condition of my iPod touch... i keep dropping it too) Thank you!
Post a Comment