Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting crafty

I used to make things all the time - gifts for friends and family, decor, cards, ornaments. But as life gets busier I've found that, aside from my knitting (which I can take with me just about anywhere and which has become a social activity thanks to my K&S gals), I don't make very much. Which is why I totally knocked my own socks off this weekend with our Christmas tree, our 2008 ornament, and a much needed tree-topper in the form of a Moravian paper star. The star amazed me the most because I went from cardboard and a compass to this great symmetrical 3-d pointy thing in about 2 hours.

Our 2008 Ornament

Paper star


I'll just say that I was pleasantly surprised to see that I haven't lost my multimedia craft skills. Having my new craft room to work in didn't hurt!

(pics to come just as soon as I find that darn camera cord)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you make an ornament every year? It looks fantastic! I so want to do that for Amelia so she'll have a great supply when she has her own tree. Love the star, too! You are so talented! If only we could just sit around and craft!

Lisa said...

Love them both! You're just so talented. Can't wait to see them in person.