This blanket is for a friend's son who was born September 17, 2007. This is my first really big knitting project. I adapted a pattern from Last Minute Knitted gifts, which was entirely garter stitch, to include stockinette and a double moss stitch--one knit for each color. I used Blue Sky Organic Cotton, which I'd highly recommend, although I did get some fuzzes in my nose while I knit. It's very soft and fluffy. Ajknitting wisely suggested the applied I-cord border.
6 comments:
i love the final outcome!
and welcome to the blogosphere ;)
Looks great...I love the I-cord border
It all came together so wonderfully! I can only imagine how excited your friend will be when she receives it in the mail.
What a sneeky way to announce your blogging! I have to add you to my favorites :o)
I cannot tell you how much I love this blanket!! I am totally a fan of green so I am sure that has a little bit to do with it, but mostly you just did a wonderful job.
thanks ladies :P
I'll add you all as favs once I figure out how to do that!
So...I suddenly see all these links to knitscapade on other blogs and i'm thinking "who the heck is this?!" Aha!
The blanket looks great...I'm sure it feels great to have finished such a big project.
Post a Comment